Yesterday I had the privilege of going grocery shopping and stocking up on some much needed supplies. An added bonus was that I got to do this alone, with no kids in tow. Now, I fully understand the value of taking a kid or two with me...all the teachable moments along the way, the rare one on one time with mom, etc., but it sure is nice to complete this task alone from time to time!
So I prepared my meal list, separated my shopping list between Sam’s Club and Walmart, and headed out for the 3 hour cruise...I mean 4 hour shopping adventure.
Here are the meals I’ll be making and hopefully we’ll all be eating and enjoying over the next 30 or so days. I don’t have a “meal” for everyday, as there are always opportunities to eat out, have left overs, etc.
- Pigs in a blanket with scrambled eggs or tomato soup
- Spaghetti and Meat Sauce (or meat balls)
- Orange Chicken with rice and broccoli
- Spicy Shredded Pork (this is a new one...hope it’s yummy!)
- Tacos (family favorite!) - Red Beans and Rice
- Foil Wrapped Shrimp Linguini
- Chicken Parmesan
- Homemade Tomato Soup with grilled cheese
- Homemade Pizza (trying my hand at homemade dough this month too!)
- Taco Soup (yummy and oh so easy!)
- Mini Meatball Sandwiches
- Hot Dogs and Mac and Cheese
- Shrimp Quesadillas
- Beef and Bean Burritos
- Breakfast Burritos
- Homemade Lasagna (new recipe for this one too)
- Pancakes and Bacon
- Biscuits with Jelly and Scrambled Eggs